Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Day 5

1. There was a really loud drunk woman on the bus and I thought about how sad it was that she didn't know how she sounded and how hard it must be to walk away from addiction.

2. I wondered what would happen to me if something really jumped off on this bus. I remember in Chicago people used to fight on the #4 Cottage Grove bus all the time. I didn't ride that bus past 35 and King Drive.

3. There was cursing on the bus and I really wish there was a better way for people to use words. There are so many out there that sound a whole lot better and are a lot more descriptive than curse words. I didn't grow up in a house where cursing was encouraged or tolerated so I guess as an adult it still is not music to my ears.

I really wanted to say something, but you can't really say things like that to people these days without getting cursed out or worse.

4. I saw a man reading BusinessWeek and the cover story was "Can Greed Save Africa?" I wondered why animals are used to represent Africa more than people. The cover had a LION on it.

No comments: