Thursday, November 15, 2007

Day 2

Yesterday's 4pm thoughts.

1) My bus was 10 or 15 minutes late. I was a little upset about it.

2) I reflected on a conversation I had with a colleague earlier in the day about servant leadership and how important it was.

3) I saw an RTA ad about homeownership opportunities and compared that to the dilapidated homes I saw along my bus route.

4) I reflected on how much Cleveland reminded me of my former home Baltimore. Baltimore has remade itself as the new "it" place during the last 10 or 15 years, be encouraged Cleveland. You can do it too.

5) I passed a daycare center called "Little Midgets DayCare" and I thought isn't that an offensive name?

6)I saw a very, skinny woman with red pants and yellow socks and no coat on, smoking outside of one of those neighborhood grocery stores. I wondered was she addicted to anything.

7)Yesterday on the news there was a story about a woman who had bought a home and it had been burglarized. She was a soldier, helping people in Iraq and thieves had picked apart her home. They took her pipes, hot water heater. Times are desperate, but not that desperate. Why would someone do that?

8) On 13th and Superior, the bus door opened and a man through his trash out of the bus on to the ground. He stayed on the bus. I picked the litter up. How different would our cities and our neighborhoods look if we picked up the trash, didn't break bottles and leave them on the ground,etc. How does God feel when we abuse the Earth He made?

9) Mary J Blige's "My Life" played in my head. Listen.

10)I got on the bus and a man was working on his laptop. Technology makes us work around the clock. Is that a good thing? Why do we feel like we have to work all the time?

No comments: